1. Strategic Consulting
This applies to all measures to improve efficiency before the start of a specific project. Everything is helpful that reduces your effort in future projects, ensures quality, increases legal security and lowers costs or secures long-term (contracts) – such as:
- Creation of “pools” (e.g. directing, production companies, photographers, casting, motive search, etc.).
- Negotiating volume-dependent, graduated framework agreements with suppliers (e.g. equipment, post-production video, litho, graphics & sound, music, etc.) as specifications for the production partners.
- Bundling of projects, e.g. smart combination of film & photo shoots.
- Definition of binding processes for the production partners and specification of coordinated production briefings.
- Elaboration of qualified model contracts for production partners or artists, and publishers – in particular long-term, optional safeguarding of usage rights in the interests of the customer – including general inclusion of social media use..
- Accompanying strategies in negotiations with celebrities or their agents.
- Planning of complex campaigns (social media concepts, YouTube channels, etc.) that require rather TV than advertising know-how.
- Review or development of CI/CD specifications for image production..
- Realization of tax advantages for corporations not entitled to input tax deduction.
2. Cost-Controlling In Specific Film/Photo Projects
Auch in Zusammenarbeit mit einer Top-Agentur sollten Sie als Kunde der Steuernde sein, Even in cooperation with a top agency, you as the customer should be the controlling, not the controlled body – this is how I can help you to reduce your time and financial expenditure:
- Analysis of the animatics, storyboards, scribbles; simple parameters can regularly be changed, saving costs without any loss of quality.
- Analysis and, if necessary, supplementation of the production briefing: with regard to completeness and comparability of the offers; Risks (weather) can regularly be reduced or eliminated.
- Analysis of timing; usually the customers´ schedule can be relieved.
- Editing of a calculation based on the briefing as a specification for the agency and production partner.
- Specification of a uniform and therefore better comparable calculation scheme.
- Detailed cost analysis – if necessary, internal coordination, then negotiations with the production partners.
- On request, accompaniment of the PPM, the shoot and / or the post-production.
- Check of bills and receipts for projects that are invoiced based on evidence – or for recognized additional costs (e.g. additional work in terms of content, bad weather, etc.).
Timely, moderating coordination of potential “stumbling blocks” facilitates the course of the project – even between different areas of responsibility at the customer.
3. Production Support
If a customer lacks the know-how or simply the necessary time for a film or photo project, I can supervise the production in parts or completely; this includes
- Organization of partial services including synchronization of the interfaces – e.g.
- Complete photography of the locations (corporate film) as the basis of an invitation to tender.
- Organization of casting and / or the search for a motif.
- Monitoring of post-production after acceptance of Director’s Cut or Litho on the basis of negotiated conditions – of course without mark-up.
- Image and sound production for adaptations – considerable costs can be saved here, because the content is fixed and the effort is correspondingly low.
- Research of suitable production partners.
- Control of the entire production: briefing, tendering, negotiation, production monitoring up to the master.
4. Special Tasks
Basically, I can provide support for all topics in which specialist knowledge of film, video, photography, conception or planning is useful – a few examples:
- Planning and control of events – especially on virtual or hybrid platforms.
- Assessment and restructuring of film/photo archives.
- Procurement of a content management systems with tendering and negotiation.
- Definition of keyword criteria, organization of the “filling” of a photo & AV database.
- Planning of an interactive, multi-part TV advertising campaign in which the viewer can determine the progress of the action.
- Design and procurement of a video studio with offline editing and online direction.
- Expert opinions on specialist topics, e.g. contract for work vs. service contract, effective mark-up regulations, activity bound by instructions, billing of fees, KSK, etc.